2 posts in this series
This series of posts details the process I completed to make a Minecraft inspired open-world game. All of the posts detail the design, implementation, and testing of this application. You can find the latest copy of this project on GitHub.
In my day-to-day work, I don’t get to work too much with user-facing code. Such is the world of embedded programming. So I decided to start a new project to explore a different aspect of software. I also want to seriously consider the architecture of this project, so not all of the posts will be directly related to the implementation of the project. Lastly, I want to have fun making this project, because otherwise there’s no point.
In the previous introduction to Cambre, I mentioned that I would be using
GLM for handling different aspects of the program. These
libraries are great, but I would also like to use a recent C++ version to
organize the code I write. Because the three aforementioned libraries are all
C style libraries, that means that I have to do a little bit of extra wrangling
in order to make them fit my application’s organization.